International Visitors
Entering & Staying

International Visitors

Entering & Staying

Visa to the US

Visa-Free Entry
The following nationals may enter the United States visa-free:
  • Citizens of Canada, Mexico (holding a Border Crossing Card), and Bermuda may enter the United States visa-free for a period of up to six months. 
  • Citizens from several countries in Western Europe including the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, and Italy may enter the United States visa-free for up to 90 days for tourism or business under the Visa Waiver Program. 
  • Also under the Visa Waiver Program are citizens from Australia, New Zealand, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore. 
Travelers entering the United States visa-free must apply online through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) for approval before traveling to the United States. 
JFK Airport, New York City

JFK Airport by Doug Letterman

Applying for a Visa
Citizens requiring a visa to enter the United States should apply through the nearest US Embassy or Consulate, and a fee is applicable. Travelers applying for a visa for tourism or business may be required to show proof they have sufficient funds to stay in the United States and intend to leave the country. Check with the nearest US Embassy for details for the latest updates on visa requirements.

Immigration at JFK Airport, New York City
Immigration at JFK Airport by Beatrice Murch

Visiting New York
Click contributor below photo for image credit and license.
About Site  Terms of Use  l  Privacy Policy  Creative Commons  Site Map  l